Tips for Planning the Ultimate Destination Honeymoon
As exciting as it is to plan a wedding, it’s also very stressful. There’s just so much to do to get ready for the big day! Planning your honeymoon is far less complicated because once you’ve reached the point of departure, there’s no turning back. Things feel less inconvenient even when they happen unexpectedly because of your relaxed state of mind.
Creating memories with your spouse through travel is one of the most special things you can do. It provides you with the opportunity to explore and experience new worlds together and see a country and its people in your own unique way.
Destination Honeymoon Planning 101
After planning every detail of your wedding, it’s refreshing to be able to think long and hard about your honeymoon. After all, it’s your time to relax and enjoy the first few days of being married, right? Deciding where to go and what to do while away is half the fun but it does require some advance preparation.
The following tips make planning the ultimate destination honeymoon easy:
- Pick one place you want to explore. You’ll want to build-in rest time into your schedule. That’s why it’s important to choose one location to visit and fully immerse yourself in the experience instead of jumping around in a hurry.
- Book your flight as soon as possible to save. Take advantage of sales and promotions. Use your Frequent Flier Miles to defray costs.
- See which accommodations offer discounts to Xpirient members. Enjoy luxury hotels and resorts for a fraction of their normal cost. Use the money you save to pay for massages, manicures, pedicures, and other forms of self-care.
- Reserve your hotel. Make sure to express any special needs you want the concierge and staff to take care of. That way, your stay at the hotel or resort remains extra special.
- Make arrangements for someone to care for your home while you’re away. Your possessions, plants, and pets are in good hands. You can rest assured that they’ll be well taken care of while you explore.
- Pack the things you need most for a comfortable stay. Use a checklist to jog your memory. Leave room in your luggage for souvenirs.
- Use a countdown app on your phone to keep you hyped about the trip. Anticipation builds as you quickly approach the day of departure. It also gives you greater insight as to what to do in the meantime to prepare for the trip.
Now that you’ve got your destination honeymoon activities planned, you can set up your honeymoon fund or request gifts that have to do with travel. Adding things to your wedding registry that pertain to the area of the world you’re planning on traveling to or that make long-distance travel more comfortable are ideal. They’re less things you’ll need to buy for yourself.
Make Your Honeymoon the Best Trip of Your Lifetime Without Going Broke
Enjoy a honeymoon far away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With Xpirient, you’re able to get deep discounts on travel accommodations globally. Stay and play longer without breaking the bank.
Membership to our exclusive club provides many benefits such as roadside assistance and legal advice, too. Covering all aspects of your life as newlyweds is our goal. Find out what it means to be an Xpirient member by buying a membership today.