So, you want to take a trip but you know just how expensive airline tickets can be. What do you do to defray the cost of travel? How do you score inexpensive flights without compromising safety, comfort, and convenience?
There are ways to get better and more frequent deals on flights. You just need to know where to look for them. Consider this your short but informative guide on scoring deep discounts on airline tickets.
Here is how to get the best deals on flightsyear-round:
- Travel in the off season. Tickets prices plummet in January and February, making it easy for you to save big on airfare. Plan a trip when it isn’t tourist season and you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how reasonable it is to travel far and often.
- Sign up for airline newsletters and daily deal sites. You’ll be the first to be notified about amazing airline deals. Best of all, you can pick and choose which emails you opened based on the subject line. If you hate junk email but love saving money, you won’t mind corresponding with the airlines and daily deal sites of your choice.
- Use a credit card that pays in Frequent Flier Miles. Put all of your purchases on it for the month and pay it off in full with cash. That way, your money is working doubly hard for you. You won’t be missing out on travel because you’ll always have miles to spend each year.
- Travel on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. It’s well-known that the busiest days for fliers are Fridays and Sundays. Avoid the rush at the airport by picking one of the less frequented days to travel. You’ll enjoy a leisurely pace and greater savings that way.
- Allow yourself to get bumped from a flight. Doing so entitles you to a free airline ticket which you can use at a later date. If you give yourself enough time to arrive to your destination and travel back home without piling on the obligations, you can easily be the person who racks up free travel by being the first to volunteer to give up your seat. It won’t work every time you go somewhere but when it does, you’ll be able to take care of the flight portion of your next adventure.
- Know the terms and conditions of a ticket before you buy it. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Beware of hidden feeswhich are sometimes charged on rock bottom flight tickets. Read the fine print and know if there is a cancellation clause in effect. If there isn’t and you suddenly can’t go on your trip, you won’t get your money back.
Get the best deals on flights so that you’re able to travel more regularly. By utilizing the tips listed above, you’ll save on airline tickets wherever you go. You won’t postpone a trip because it’s too expensive to get to your chosen destination. Instead, you’ll employ some ‘hacks’ and secure tickets at affordable prices year-round.